How To: Automatically sign in to Survey123 for ArcGIS via the App Launcher in Portal for ArcGIS
Survey123 for ArcGIS can be configured with Portal for ArcGIS to sign in automatically. The App Launcher is a convenient window from which organization members can open the web apps available to them. Adding Survey123 for ArcGIS to the App Launcher in Portal for ArcGIS simplifies frequent user access to the application, eliminating the need to sign in when launching the app.
This article provides instructions to add Survey123 for ArcGIS to the App Launcher, so automatic sign-in is allowed when accessed in Portal for ArcGIS.
For this article, a URL is created to use Survey123 for ArcGIS with Portal for ArcGIS, and Survey123 for ArcGIS is added to the App Launcher in Portal for ArcGIS.
- Create the URL to use Survey123 for ArcGIS with Portal for ArcGIS.
- Navigate to the Portal for ArcGIS homepage, and copy the portal URL.
- Browse to the following URL, and paste the Portal URL in the designated section.The website opens in developer mode, with a message in the top bar showing Portal URL. In this example, the https://survey123.arcgis.com/?portalUrl=https://portal.domain.com/arcgis URL is used.
https://survey123.arcgis.com/?portalUrl=[THE PORTAL URL]
- Sign in to the website with Portal for ArcGIS credentials.
- Copy the URL from the URL bar.
- Sign in to Portal for ArcGIS.
- Create a customized Survey123 for ArcGIS application using the generated URL.
- Navigate to Content > Add Item and choose Add an application.
- In the Add an application dialog box, choose Web Mapping for Type.
- Fill in the URL field with the URL from step 1e, and specify the Title and Tags fields.
- Click Add Item.
Note: Alternatively, select Application for Type, and click Add Item. Update the data source for the application. To do so, navigate to the application's item details page, and select Settings. Paste the edited URL from step 1d to the Data Source URL field, and click Save.
Note: Additional configuration is required for Portal for ArcGIS versions 10.4, 10.4.1, and 10.5. Refer to How To: Configure Portal for ArcGIS to work with Survey123 for more information. Additional configuration is not required for versions 10.5.1 and above as these versions are pre-configured to connect to Survey123 for ArcGIS.
- Navigate to Content > My Content. Open the item details page of the application and copy the URL from the URL bar.
- Navigate to Organization > Settings.
- Select the General tab and scroll to the bottom.
- Under the App Launcher heading, click Add App to add the customized Survey123 for ArcGIS appilcation to the App Launcher, and click Save. Refer to Portal for ArcGIS: Manage apps in the app launcher for more information.
- Click App Launcher , and click the newly added application to navigate directly to the Survey123 for ArcGIS home page without needing to sign in.
- How To: Configure Portal for ArcGIS to work with survey123.arcgis.com
- Survey123 for ArcGIS: Use Survey123 with ArcGIS Enterprise
- Portal for ArcGIS: Getting started with Portal for ArcGIS
- Portal for ArcGIS: Add items
- ArcGIS REST API: Register App