Problem: Severe issue with ArcGIS Pro 2.2 Patch 2
Esri discovered a severe issue with an editing workflow in ArcGIS Pro 2.2 Patch 2 (2.2.2) that may incorrectly set feature attribute field values to 'Null' when using the Attributes pane.
Note: ArcGIS Pro 2.2 Patch 3 (2.2.3) was released on October 5, 2018. ArcGIS Pro 2.2 Patch 2 (2.2.2) is no longer available for download. Please see the Solution section below.
This problem occurs when multiple features are selected in the tree view of the Attributes pane. If the Tab key is used to navigate between cells in the data grid, tabbing through a cell that displays "(Different values)" sets the field to 'Null'.
Solution or Workaround
Esri strongly recommends installing ArcGIS Pro patch 2.2.3
- Download and install patch 2.2.3 from My Esri.
Alternatively, Esri recommends uninstalling ArcGIS Pro patch 2.2.2.
- On Windows, open the Control Panel.
- Search for View installed updates. Click this option.
- Right-click 'ArcGIS Pro 2.2 Patch 2 (2.2.2)' and select Uninstall.
If the previous patch—ArcGIS Pro 2.2 Patch 1 (2.2.1)—is not installed, it can be downloaded from My Esri.
How has Esri corrected the issue?
ArcGIS Pro 2.2 Patch 3 (2.2.3) became available on October 5, 2018 and includes a fix for this issue, as well as the other software improvements included with Patches 1 and 2. ArcGIS Pro 2.2 Patch 2 (2.2.2) is no longer available for download.
For continued updates and information regarding this problem, refer to the ArcGIS Pro 2.2.3 announcement on GeoNet.
- ArcGIS Pro 2.2.3 Patch is Available
- ArcGIS Pro Releases and Patches
- Release Notes for ArcGIS Pro 2.2
- Download: Understand and identify issues with using the ArcGIS Pro Attributes pane with multiple features selected - BUG-000117154
Last Published: 10/11/2018
Article ID: 000019162
Software: ArcGIS Pro 2.2.4, 2.2.3, 2.2.2, 2.2.1, 2.2