Problem: The Supports ApplyEdits With Global Ids parameter is set to false
Publishing a feature service to ArcGIS Server with a GlobalID relationship results with the Supports ApplyEdits With Global IDs parameter set to false. The parameter can also be found in the feature service JSON script in the ArcGIS Server REST endpoint, as shown in the following example.
"supportsApplyEditsWithGlobalIds" : false
This is expected behavior. The supportsApplyEditsWithGlobalIds parameter is set to false by default if the unique index is absent in the GlobalID fields. supportsApplyEditsWithGlobalIds is automatically set to be true if the layer supports applying edits where Global ID values provided by the client are used. For supportsApplyEditsWithGlobalIds to be true, layers must have a GlobalID column and have the isDataVersioned parameter set as false. For more information, refer to the following web help document, ArcGIS REST API: Layer (Feature Service).
Solution or Workaround
Check the availability of a unique index in a feature. The steps provided below describe how to check its availability.
- In ArcMap, right-click the desired feature in the Catalog pane and select Properties.
- Click the Indexes tab and observe the information in the Feature Class Properties window.
To solve this issue, create a unique index for both the feature class and the attachment table through ArcCatalog or by using the Add Attribute Index tool. For instructions, refer to the following web help document, ArcGIS Desktop: Create attribute indexes.
- ArcGIS REST API: Apply Edits (Feature Service)
- ArcGIS REST API: Apply Edits (Feature Service/Layer)
- ArcGIS Desktop: Add Attribute Index
- ArcGIS REST API: Layer (Feature Service)