How To: Activate the new ArcGIS Developer Subscription
A new developer experience was introduced in early 2017 with the goal of simplifying access to software, resources, tools, and assistance that developers use with the ArcGIS Platform. The ArcGIS Developer Subscription (ADS) is part of this program, and effectively replaces the Esri Developer Network (EDN) subscription. Holders of EDN licenses are eligible for the applicable ADS subscription as of February 14, 2018.
This article provides instructions on how to register and access the ADS platform.
- Sign in to My Esri.
- Navigate to My Organizations > Licensing.
- Under Developers, click Enter Developer Subscription Code to display the Developer Subscription page.
- Enter the ArcGIS Developer Subscription (ADS) code in the text box, and click Subscribe. Once the subscription is processed, the Developer tab is added to the My Organizations ribbon in My Esri.
- Navigate to My Organizations > Developer. Click Developer Subscription.
- Scroll down to the new subscription, and click Activate to activate the ArcGIS Online portion of the subscription. This redirects to the ArcGIS Developer website.
- Enter the desired name in the ArcGIS Online Name text box, and the desired URL in the ArcGIS Online URL text box. Click Continue Activation to display the account information.
- Click Complete Activation to confirm the account details.
- When prompted, sign in with the account used to activate the ArcGIS Developer subscription. This action redirects to the ArcGIS Developer dashboard.
- In the right pane, under Account, click Activate.
- Create a new administrative account for the ArcGIS Online Dev and Test Organization in ArcGIS Online. Once all the fields are completed, click Create Organization Admin Account.
- Click Sign into ArcGIS Online to complete the account set up, and sign in using the new administrative account created in Step 11.
- Once the sign in is complete, the Set Up Your Organization page is displayed. To complete the setup, refer to Steps 4 to 10 in ArcGIS Online: Activate subscription.
The developer account is now fully activated and is ready for use.
Last Published: 9/9/2021
Article ID: 000016917
Software: ArcGIS Engine 9.3.1, 9.3, 9.2, 9.1, 9.0.1, 9.0, 10.9, 10.8.1, 10.8, 10.7.1, 10.7, 10.6.1, 10.6, 10.5.1, 10.5, 10.4.1, 10.4, 10.3.1, 10.3, 10.2.2, 10.2.1, 10.2, 10.1, 10