How To: Install and activate ArcGIS Desktop evaluation software
Instructions provided describe the steps to install ArcGIS Desktop evaluation software and activate the software license.
Before installing ArcGIS Desktop, check the system requirements to make sure the computer has the necessary hardware and software configuration required for the trial software. A link to this documentation is provided in the Related Information section below.
- Activate the authorization code.
- Visit the ArcGIS Desktop Student Trial page at Esri.com to begin the process of activating and downloading ArcGIS Desktop Student Trial software.
- Log in using an Esri Global Account; sign-up for a new Esri Global Account if necessary.
- Enter the authorization code and click Activate ArcGIS.
- If it is necessary to download ArcGIS Desktop, proceed to step 4.
- If ArcGIS for Desktop software is provided by an instructor or license administrator, or is installed from a network server, proceed to step 7.
- Select the desired ArcGIS Desktop software version.
Note: If necessary, download the ArcGIS Uninstall Utility and uninstall previous versions of ArcGIS Desktop or ArcGIS Enterprise. The software cannot be installed on a computer that has a previous version of ArcGIS Desktop or ArcGIS Enterprise installed. It's OK if the computer has ArcGIS Explorer installed.
- Scroll down and search for ArcGIS Desktop (ArcMap). Click Download.
- Double-click the ArcGIS Desktop installation file to begin the installation process.
- After the installation is completed, the Authorization Wizard opens and provides a prompt to choose a product to authorize; select 'ArcGIS Desktop Advanced (Single Use)' and click Authorize Now.
- The Authorization Wizard prompts for an authorization code; enter the activated code. Follow the prompts to authorize the software and make it ready for use. Refer to ArcMap: Authorizing ArcGIS single use products and features for more information.
Note: Leave the default option for the software extensions selected; they are authorized automatically.
Learn more about ArcGIS Desktop products on the Overview page.