FAQ: Does ArcGIS Online support joins and relates?
Does ArcGIS Online support joins and relates?
Yes, ArcGIS Online supports join and relates. ArcGIS Online has the Join Features function as an analysis tool since the December 2016 release of ArcGIS Online. Refer to ArcGIS Online: Join Features for more details.
Meanwhile, ArcGIS Online can view or edit layers with related records.
Note: Performing analysis is currently only supported in Map Viewer Classic. Refer to ArcGIS Online: Compatibility legend and matrix for more information.
To access the Join Features tool:
- Click the Contents button on the Details pane when the web map is opened in Map Viewer Classic.
- Click the Analysis button, select Feature Analysis, expand the Summarize Data category, and select Join Features.
If a layer contains related records, the attributes can be edited with the correct privileges, as explained in ArcGIS Online: Edit attributes and related records. These related records are represented as columns with italicized headers on the right side of the attribute table as shown in the image below:
- ArcGIS Blog: What's New in ArcGIS Online (December 2016)
- ArcGIS Online: Use the analysis tools
- ArcGIS Online: Perform analysis
- ArcGIS Online: Show related data
- ArcGIS Online Issues Addressed List - December 2016 Release
- FAQ: Is it possible to join point features with drive time polygons in the Business Analyst web app?
Last Published: 6/7/2022
Article ID: 000012168
Software: ArcGIS Online Current