FAQ: Does ArcGIS Online support joins and relates?
Does ArcGIS Online support joins and relates?
Yes, the join and relate functionality is currently available in ArcGIS Online.
The Join function has been implemented as an analysis tool in the December 2016 release of ArcGIS Online. Refer to Join Features for more details.
To access the Join Features tool, click the Contents button on the Details pane when the web map is opened in Map Viewer. Click the Analysis button or hover over the layer to be joined, and click the Perform Analysis button . Expand the Summarize Data category and select Join Features.
If a layer contains related records, the attributes can be edited with the correct privileges, as explained in ArcGIS Online: Edit attributes and related records. These related records are represented as columns with italicized headers on the right side of the attribute table as shown in the image below:
- ArcGIS Blog: What's New in ArcGIS Online (December 2016)
- ArcGIS Ideas: Performing attribute table joins in ArcGIS Online
- ArcGIS Online: Show related data
- ArcGIS Online Issues Addressed List - December 2016 Release
- FAQ: Is it possible to join point features with drive time polygons in the Business Analyst web app?