How To: Provide feedback on basemaps and geocoding in www.ArcGIS.com
The instructions provided describe how to submit feedback on www.ArcGIS.com basemaps, such as the Street Map, the Imagery Map, or Vector basemaps, as well as the geocoding service through ArcGIS. Esri has created feedback feature services to enable users to report errors found on a basemap, or incorrect results of the geocoding.
The feedback is reviewed by the ArcGIS Online team and is considered for an update, providing better maps to customers.
Navigate to the following link to access the ArcGIS group page for web map feedback. Instructions or additional details on how to use the feedback web maps are in the item descriptions:
Navigate to the following link to submit feedback to the geocoding services:
Note: To sign up as an authoritative provider of addresses, navigate to Community Maps Program.
To provide feedback on these web maps:
Note: Sign in to ArcGIS Online to enable editing on the web maps.
- Open the web map in Map Viewer or Map Viewer Classic.
- In Map Viewer or Map Viewer Classic, navigate to the location that has an error.
- In Map Viewer, click Edit on the toolbar on the right. In the Editor window, click Add feature. In the Select feature type window, select Open Issue or Closed Issue.
Note: In Map Viewer Classic, click Edit on the top toolbar, and under Add Features, select Open Issue or Closed Issue.
- Create a polygon feature on the map to show the location of the issue. Ensure to double-click to finish creating the feature.
- In Map Viewer, in the feedback window, classify the type of comment, provide a clear description of the error, and select the related Esri map. Click Add.
Note: In Map Viewer Classic, click CLOSE after providing the necessary details in the feedback window.
Last Published: 7/1/2021
Article ID: 000011831
Software: ArcGIS Online 9.2, 9.1