How To: Check the graphics card type and OpenGL version
OpenGL is an industry standard 3D graphics API. OpenGL 4.1 or later is required to run CityEngine 2019.1. For more information, refer to CityEngine 2019.1 system requirements. OpenGL drivers are usually installed together with the rest of the graphics driver and support software (such as DirectX).
Follow the instructions provided to check the type of graphics card installed on the system and the version of OpenGL running.
- Check the graphics card type (Windows):
- Click Start, type dxdiag, and press Enter to access a diagnostic tool listing the graphics card information.
- Click the Display tab.
- Install the OpenGL Extensions Viewer to determine the OpenGL version (Windows, Mac, and Android mobile devices).
Warning: User discretion is advised when installing third-party software. Esri is not liable for the potential risks involved.
- Windows: Go to OpenGL Extensions Viewer (Windows) to download and install the OpenGL Extensions Viewer.
- Mac and Android mobile devices: Go to OpenGL Extensions Viewer (Windows), and click the appropriate link to download the OpenGL Extensions Viewer from the Mac App Store, iTunes Store, or the Android Market, depending on the device and operating system.
The OpenGL Extensions Viewer is a free application designed by Realtech VR. The viewer displays the current version of OpenGL installed, and provides tools to test or update the graphics card driver.