How To: Check the graphics card type and OpenGL version
OpenGL is an industry standard 3D graphics API. OpenGL 4.1 or later is required to run CityEngine 2019.1. For more information, refer to CityEngine 2019.1 system requirements. OpenGL drivers are usually installed together with the rest of the graphics driver and support software (such as DirectX).
Instructions provided describe how to check what type of graphics card is installed on the system and which version of OpenGL is running.
- Check the graphics card type (Windows):
- Open the Windows Run dialog box: Click Start > Run.
- Type dxdiag, and press Enter to access a diagnostic tool listing the graphics card information.
- Click the Display tab.
- Install the OpenGL Extensions Viewer to determine the OpenGL version (Windows, Mac and mobile devices).
Warning: This involves installing third-party software. Install at your own risk.
- Windows: Download and install the OpenGL Extensions Viewer by following the link in the Related Information section below.
- Mac and mobile devices: Go to the website listed in the Related Information section, and click the appropriate link to download the OpenGL Extensions Viewer from the Mac App Store, iTunes Store, or the Android Market, depending on your device and operating system.