How To: Save a custom map element
Instructions provided describe the way to save specific custom map elements for later use.
To save custom map elements select Tools > Styles > Export Map Styles and assign a name to the new style that is created.
To save a specific element see the steps below:
- In layout view, double-click the element you want to modify.
- Click the Color dropdown arrow and click a new color.
- Click the Style button.
- Click Save.
- Type a name and click OK.
- Click the Frame tab.
- Click Style to change the border style.
- Click Properties.
- In the Symbol Border dialog box, click the properties you want.
- Click Save; Click OK.
If the internal name of the font is the same as another font in the font folder, ArcMap does not read it. To check the internal name go to c:\winnt\fonts and double-click on the font. The Typeface font is the internal name. If the internal name contains a common name such as Arial or is part of an internal name of another font, ArcMap does not read it either. Therefore, to add the font for use in ArcGIS add it as a Text Symbol to the ESRI Style Manager or as a personal style in the Style Manager.