Error: Program requires MS-DOS mode
This error occurs when running the Data Automation Kit (DAK) under Windows 95:
Program requires MS-DOS mode.
The MS-DOS prompt may not run well unless it is in MS-DOS mode.
Do you want to change the short cut properties to make it always run in MS-DOS
1. Select the N option
2. Click the Properties button (the one with the hand pointing to a piece of paper) in the pcArcTextWindows - COMMAND window.
3. Click the Advanced button under the Program folder.
4. Make sure the following three boxes are not checked:
- Prevent MS-DOS-based programs from detecting Windows
- Suggest MS-DOS mode as necessary
- MS-DOS mode
5. Click the OK buttons to go back to the DAK program
6. Exit and restart the DAK.
The above error message should go away.
Last Modified: 5/5/2016
Article ID: 000001697
Software: PC ARC/INFO / DAK 3.5.1