ArcGIS Desktop Dialog Initialization Performance Patch
This patch resolves performance issues that cause several dialogs in the ArcMap user interface to open slowly.Description
Esri® announces the ArcGIS Desktop Dialog Initialization Performance Patch. Starting at ArcGIS Desktop 10.5.1, several dialogs in the ArcMap user interface began having long initialization times that made them slow to open. This problem is especially severe on machines that have a large number of fonts installed. The affected dialogs include Layer Properties (for feature layers), Options, Symbol Property Editor (for character markers), and Label Manager, though the slowdown happens on any dialog with the font picker control. This patch deals specifically with the issue listed below under Issues Addressed with this patch.
- BUG-000113336 - Dialogs that include the font picker control, including Layer Properties, Options, Character Marker Editor, and Label Manager, open very slowly.
- BUG-000115147 - When calling ITopologicalOperator::Buffer on a polygon, if the polygon is degenerated to a point, the buffer call crashes.
- BUG-000117631 - Add support for TLS version 1.2 and 1.1.
ArcGIS Desktop 10.6.1, 10.6, or 10.5.1 must be installed before installing this patch.
- Download the appropriate file to a location other than your ArcGIS installation location.
- Make sure you have write access to your ArcGIS installation location.
- Double-click ArcGIS-<Version>-DT-DIP-Patch.msp to start the setup process.
NOTE: If double clicking on the MSP file does not start the setup installation, you can start the setup installation manually by using the following command:
msiexec.exe /p [location of Patch]\ArcGIS-<Version>-DT-DIP-Patch.msp
|ArcGIS 10.6.1||Checksum (Md5)|
|ArcGIS 10.6||Checksum (Md5)|
|ArcGIS 10.5.1||Checksum (Md5)|
To uninstall this patch on Windows, open the Windows Control Panel and navigate to installed programs. Make sure that "View installed updates" (upper left side of the Programs and Features dialog) is active. Select the patch name from the programs list and click Uninstall to remove the patch.
Check the Patches and Service Packs page periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this patch will be posted here.
To determine which ArcGIS products are installed, choose the appropriate version of the PatchFinder utility for your environment and run it from your local machine. PatchFinder will list all products, hot fixes, and patches installed on your local machine.
Domestic sites, please contact Esri Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing this patch. International sites, please contact your local Esri software distributor.