Patches and updates
ArcGIS (Desktop, Engine) 10.6 ECW Patch
Esri® announces the ArcGIS (Desktop, Engine) 10.6 ECW Patch. This patch addresses support for the ECW raster format in ArcGIS 10.6 Desktop and Engine. It deals specifically with the issue listed below under Issues Addressed with this patch.
- BUG-000110931 - Unable to load Enhanced Compression Wavelet (ECW) files in ArcMap 10.6.
- BUG-000112244 - PMFs created with Enhanced Compression Wavelet(.ecw) files in ArcMap do not open in ArcReader 10.6. (Specific to ArcReader)
ArcGIS Desktop or Engine 10.6 must be installed before installing this patch.
- Download the appropriate file to a location other than your ArcGIS installation location.
ArcGIS 10.6 Checksum (Md5) ArcGIS Background Geoprocessing
64-bit for Desktop
ArcGIS-106-BGDT-ECW-Patch.msp C9BEB69B07558793FD74ABBA83BCA0DF ArcGIS Desktop ArcGIS-106-DT-ECW-Patch.msp 2758D64F5C91CED1D58403938583A8E9 ArcGIS Background Geoprocessing
64-bit for Engine
ArcGIS-106-BGE-ECW-Patch.msp 354220CCA21B8C5CF6236FAE2233BA6F ArcGIS Engine ArcGIS-106-E-ECW-Patch.msp DAF211A831EC1BB84D3B8F6C3CC32A9D ArcReader ArcGIS-106-R-ECW-Patch.msp A03FEAD5999B48AC839D7C229395AF99
- Make sure you have write access to your ArcGIS installation location.
- Double-click ArcGIS-106-<Product>-ECW-Patch.msp to start the setup process.
NOTE: If double clicking on the MSP file does not start the setup installation, you can start the setup installation manually by using the following command:
msiexec.exe /p [location of Patch]\ArcGIS-106-<Product>-ECW-Patch.msp
- To uninstall this patch on Windows, open the Windows Control Panel and navigate to installed programs. Make sure that "View installed updates" (upper left side of the Programs and Features dialog) is active. Select the patch name from the programs list and click Uninstall to remove the patch.
Check the Patches and Service Packs page periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this patch will be posted here.
August 23, 2018: A setup for ArcReader 10.6 has been added to the available downloads to address BUG-000112244.
To determine which ArcGIS products are installed, choose the appropriate version of the PatchFinder utility for your environment and run it from your local machine. PatchFinder will list all products, hot fixes, and patches installed on your local machine.
Domestic sites, please contact Esri Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing this patch. International sites, please contact your local Esri software distributor.