Error: LoadLibrary failed with error 87
An error occurs when launching ArcMap 10.5:
Error: "LoadLibrary failed with error 87"
This issue is most likely related to an unsupported video card driver. However, it may also occur when working remotely to access ArcGIS Software using an RDP (Remote Desktop Protocol) connection.
Solution or Workaround
- Update the video card driver, and restart the machine after update is applied.
- Follow the solution described in Problem: LoadLibrary fails to load with error 126 or error 87 when working remotely over RDP
- Problem: LoadLibrary fails to load with error 126 or error 87 when working remotely over RDP
- Error: LoadLibrary Error 126 when launching ArcMap
- Error: LoadLibrary failed with error 87: The parameter is incorrect
- Problem: Unable to start CityEngine via remote desktop connection because of OpenGL error
Last Published: 4/2/2020
Article ID: 000016144
Software: ArcMap 10.8, 10.7.1, 10.7, 10.6.1, 10.6, 10.5.1, 10.5, 10.4.1, 10.4, 10.3.1, 10.3, 10.2.2, 10.2.1, 10.2, 10.1, 10