Patches and updates
ArcGIS Desktop 9.0 Tracking Analyst for Tracking Server Users Patch
This Patch is now obsolete. It has been superceded by the ArcGIS 9.0 Service Pack 3.
ESRI® announces the ArcGIS Desktop 9.0 Tracking Analyst for Tracking Server Users Patch. This Patch installs and updates the files necessary to enable Tracking Analyst 9.0 to receive a real-time feed from Tracking Server. Tracking Server Users who use Tracking Analyst should download this Patch. It deals specifically with the issues listed below under Issues Addressed with this Patch.
You must have ArcGIS Desktop 9.0 Service Pack 2 installed before installing this Patch. We recommend that all ArcGIS Desktop 9.0 Tracking Server Users, who use Tracking Analyst, download and install this patch at their earliest convenience to ensure the highest quality experience when working with ArcGIS Desktop 9.0.
- CQ00247317 - When adding feature classes as a simple Tracking Layer, and with the rate in the playback manager as 1 second, all points are displayed in all time instead of being added as the event occurs.
- CQ00250771 - Conditional Action dialog does not function properly when both attribute and location constraints are selected.
- CQ00251520 - Test Connection button does not disable itself if the server connection is successful.
- CQ00252121 - The error handling in Tracking Connector is inadequate and randomly disconnects clients.
- CQ00252124 - Real-time service in ArcCatalog does not save as a layer.
- CQ00252125 - Manipulating filter actions in a service may cause ArcCatalog to crash.
- CQ00252133 - ArcCatalog crashes when a Tracking Server Connection is renamed.
- CQ00252139 - When Advanced Drawing Option is turned on (right click on map), and a real-time layer is masked against a polygon layer, the ArcMap display locks up.
- CQ00252143 - Right clicking a Tracking Service in ArcCatalog and moving along the export menu causes ArcCatalog to crash or hang.
- Under the ArcGIS Desktop 9.0 installation bin folder:
To check for the presence of a Patch, for each file examine the unique identification information provided (right click, properties, version tab, item name, QFE Version). With only a few exceptions, all files modified as part of a Patch distribution can be uniquely identified in this manner. The identification string for this Patch should read:
Domestic sites, please contact ESRI Technical Support at 909.793.3774, if you have any difficulty installing this Patch. International sites, please contact your local ESRI software distributor.