It is sometimes necessary to clear out the trusted storage for ArcGIS 10.x licensing. The instructions provided describe how to do this.
The steps described in this procedure include deleting files that may be hidden. To display hidden files, follow the directions in this Windows support document.
To clear out the trusted storage:
- Close the License Administrator.
- For concurrent-use licenses: Stop the License Manager service (License Server Administrator > Start/Stop License Service) and close the License Server Administrator.
- For single-use licenses: Close the ArcGIS Administrator.
- Navigate to the FLEXnet folder. The locations of the trusted storage on a Windows machine for concurrent-use and single-use are as follows:
- Either remove all of the ArcGIS_xxxxxxxx_tsf.data files within the FLEXNet folder, or create a new folder and move the files into the new folder. Make sure to remove the ArcGIS_xxxxxxxx_tsf.data files from the FlexNet folder.
- Verify that the licenses are removed.
- For concurrent-use licenses, start the License Manager service (License Server Administrator > Start/Stop License Service) and close the License Server Administrator. Click the Availability folder to verify it has been cleared.
- For single-use licenses, open the ArcGIS Administrator and click the Availability folder.
- Reauthorize the license. If unable to authorize licenses after following this process, refer to How To: Recover lost licenses from My Esri for more information.