How To: Create a multiple-page Survey123 for ArcGIS form
Creating a multiple-page Survey123 for ArcGIS form helps to organize a survey into sets of related groups or questions. This creates a more user-friendly experience when answering the survey.
A multiple-page form is created using Survey123 Connect for ArcGIS or Survey123 for ArcGIS Web Designer. Follow these steps to create a multiple-page Survey123 for ArcGIS form:
Survey123 Connect for ArcGIS
Note: With Survey123 Connect for ArcGIS 3.6 and later versions, it is not possible to configure a survey form with multiple tabs.
- In Survey123 Connect for ArcGIS, create a survey using an Advanced template.
- Open the XLSForm. In the settings tab, type pages in the style column.
- In the survey tab, configure groups of questions that start with begin group and end with end group.
- In the same row as begin group, navigate to the appearance column, and select field-list from the drop-down list. The field-list appearance separates each group into a different page. The image below shows five groups of survey questions separated into five pages by specifying the appearance column as field-list.
Note: Questions, groups, or repeats that are not specified with field-list appear on all pages.
The images below show the appearance of a multiple-page survey form on various platforms.
- On the Survey123 Connect for ArcGIS Form Preview tab
- In the Survey123 for ArcGIS web form
- In the Survey123 for ArcGIS field app
Note: To put multiple groups on a single page, create nested groups (child groups within a parent group), and select field-list for the begin group type of the parent group. The image below shows two parent groups, each with two child groups. The image below shows the Form Preview tab of the two groups configured in a single page.
Survey123 for ArcGIS Web Designer
- In Survey123 for ArcGIS Web Designer, configure the questions for the first page.
- To create a new page, click Page in the Add tab.
The image below shows the new page and the corresponding Edit tab for the new page.
Note: To merge two pages, select the pages, and click either the Merge with the previous page or Merge with the next page icon at the top right corner.
- Survey123 for ArcGIS: Appearance
- Survey123 for ArcGIS: Integrate with other apps
- GeoNet: Understanding User Types: A Survey123 for ArcGIS Guide
- GeoNet: World UFO Day Release (3.5)
- GeoNet: National Weatherperson's Day Release (3.2)
- GeoNet: Survey123: Multiple pages/forms on one survey?
- GeoNet: Having groups of questions as Compact, and present the survey in multiple pages