Error: File corrupted! This program has been manipulated and maybe it's infected by a Virus or cracked. This file won't work anymore
When working in Drone2Map for ArcGIS installed on Windows 10, although able to access data, clicking the Start button on the ribbon to begin processing returns the following error message:
Error: File corrupted! This program has been manipulated and maybe it's infected by a Virus or cracked. This file won't work anymore.
Drone2Map for ArcGIS has a local digital rights management (DRM) built into the application, a systematic approach to copyright for protection of digital media. This is to prevent unauthorized redistribution of digital media and restrict the way consumers copy purchased content.
With an antivirus software installed on the machine, the DRM runs the scan simultaneously with the antivirus software, creating a conflict in scanning. The d2mproc.exe file is affected by the system scan. The antivirus flags the d2mproc.exe file as not trusted and in most cases, deletes it. The missing file causes processing data in Drone2Map for ArcGIS to fail.
Solution or Workaround
As a workaround, an exception must be added in the antivirus software to whitelist the d2mproc.exe file. To do so, follow the steps described below:
Note: Skip step 2 if the d2mproc.exe file is not deleted by the antivirus software.
- Disable the antivirus software installed on the machine.
Warning: Disabling the antivirus software may increase security vulnerability.
- Ensure the d2mproc.exe file is retrieved if it is deleted by the antivirus software.
The d2mproc.exe file is commonly found in the following folder location:
- Repair Drone2Map for ArcGIS to retrieve the d2mproc.exe file. For more information on repairing Drone2Map for ArcGIS, refer to the 'Repair apps and programs' section in Windows support: Repair or remove programs in Windows 10.
- Whitelist the d2mproc.exe file in the antivirus software. Consult an IT personnel to do so.
- Enable the antivirus software.
- Windows support: Repair or remove programs in Windows 10
- Drone2Map for ArcGIS (v1.3x Archive): Process data
- How To: Turn on debug mode in logs for Drone2Map for ArcGIS