Problem: ArcGIS Pro freezes on the initializing screen when launching before the Sign In dialog box appears
ArcGIS Pro freezes on the initializing screen when launching before the Sign In dialog box appears.
This issue occurs when the ArcGIS Pro registry entry is corrupted.
Solution or Workaround
Reinstall the software after removing all traces of a previous install. The following steps remove all traces of ArcGIS Pro from the machine.
- Sign in to ArcGIS Pro and make sure that the license is not checked to work offline. For more information, refer to Start ArcGIS Pro with a Named User license.
- Uninstall ArcGIS Pro from the machine.
- Click Start > Control Panel > Programs and Features.
- Select Programs > ArcGIS Pro.
- Select Remove to uninstall ArcGIS Desktop from the machine.
- Right-click on the taskbar and click Start Task Manager. Under the Processes tab, stop the following ArcGIS Pro processes from running:
- Navigate to C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\ESRI and delete the ArcGISPro folder and any other ArcGIS Pro folders.
- Navigate to C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\ESRI and delete the ArcGISPro folder.
- Navigate to C:\Program Files\ArcGIS and delete the Pro folder.
- Navigate to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\ArcGIS and delete the ArcGIS Pro folder.
Note: Alternatively, rename the ArcGISPro folders to ArcGISPro_old. The AppData folder is hidden by default. For more information, refer to: Microsoft Support: Show hidden files.
- Click the Start button on the taskbar and in the Search program and files search bar, type regedit.
- Delete the following registry key:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ESRI\ArcGIS Online For Pro
- Expand on the following folder in the folder tree:
- Look in the ArcGISPro\Licensing and ArcGISPro1.0\Licensing folders and make sure that the ARCPROWORKOFFLINE key value is FALSE. If the value is FALSE, proceed to delete the following folders:
- Restart the machine.
- Reinstall ArcGIS Pro.
- ArcGIS Pro: Start ArcGIS Pro with a Named User license
- Problem: ArcGIS Pro hangs after login
- Microsoft Support: Show hidden files
- Clean uninstall of ArcGIS Pro
- ArcMap: Uninstalling ArcGIS Desktop
- ArcGIS Pro: Sign in to your organization