Problem: Unable to snap features in ArcGIS Pro
When editing in ArcGIS Pro, the snapping tool is not working.
The following are possible causes for the issue:
- The snapping option is disabled.
- Snapping is done on an unfinished feature. A sketch is not a feature until it is finished.
- Snapping cannot be done on arc segments when the editing is constrained to parallel or perpendicular segments. This behavior is a known issue in ArcGIS Pro versions 2.2 and earlier.
Solution or Workaround
Described below are possible solutions depending on the cause:
- Enable the snapping option. Refer to ArcGIS Pro: Turn snapping on or off.
- Enable the Snap to sketch option. Refer to ArcGIS Pro: Change snapping settings.
- Upgrade to ArcGIS Pro 2.3. As a workaround, use the Trace tool to trace the arc segments or create vertices along the curved lines. Refer to ArcGIS Pro: Create segments by tracing other features and ArcGIS Pro: Add Vertex.
- ArcGIS Pro: Snap
- ArcGIS Pro: Turn snapping on or off
- ArcGIS Pro: Change snapping settings
- ArcGIS Pro: Constrain a segment parallel
- ArcGIS Pro: Constrain a segment perpendicular
- ArcGIS Pro: Add Vertex