How To: Add Esri vector basemaps to the default basemap gallery in Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS
Esri introduced vector basemaps to provide additional options for users. This set of vector basemaps is available through the Esri Vector Basemaps group in ArcGIS Online. Currently, the vector basemaps can be displayed in desktop web browsers.
However, in Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS, Esri vector basemaps can only be enabled through organization settings.
Note: When creating a custom basemap in Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS, it is not possible to use vector basemaps because only raster basemaps are supported.
The following instructions describe how to add Esri vector basemaps to the default basemap gallery in Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS.
1. Enable Esri vector basemaps in ArcGIS Online.
- Sign in to www.arcgis.com using the administrator credentials.
- Click Organization at the top of the site > Edit Settings.
- Click Map on the left side of the page.
- Under Basemap Gallery, check the Use Esri vector basemaps in supported ArcGIS apps check box.
2. Add Esri vector basemaps in Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS.
- Open a web map application in Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS.
- Click Widget.
- Click the edit icon on the Basemap Gallery widget to open the Configure Basemap Gallery window.
- Check the Always synchronize with the Basemap Gallery setting of the organization option button > OK.
- Click the Basemap Gallery widget. Esri vector basemaps such as Streets (Night), Streets, and World Navigation Map are among the selections.
- ArcGIS Online Help: Tile layers
- ArcGIS Online Help: Configure map
- FAQ: Is it possible to use Esri basemaps as reference data to create address locators?
Last Published: 9/22/2017
Article ID: 000016360
Software: ArcGIS Web AppBuilder Current