FAQ: What are the implications of geocoding improvements and deprecations in ArcGIS Desktop 10.5 and ArcGIS Pro 1.4?
What are the implications of geocoding improvements and deprecations in ArcGIS Desktop 10.5 and ArcGIS Pro 1.4?
The following articles provide lists of issues, solutions, and resources related to this topic:
- Problem: Address locators built at ArcGIS for Desktop 10.4 or earlier and stored in geodatabases do not display as inputs to tools and not are visible in ArcCatalog
- Error: After upgrading ArcGIS Server to version 10.5, starting a geocode service published from an address locator that is stored in a geodatabase fails to create an instance and returns an error in the ArcGIS Server logs
- Error: Failed to publish an address locator stored in a geodatabase or an .sd file that references an address locator stored in a geodatabase from ArcGIS Server 10.4.1 or lower directly to ArcGIS Server 10.5
- Problem: ArcGIS Desktop version 10.5 US Address style template breaks existing workflows that use Python scripts and Model Builder models to create address locators
Note: If it is necessary to continue using the US Address locator style from ArcGIS 10.4 to create address locators after installing ArcGIS Desktop 10.5, contact Esri Support Services to request access to the USAddress.lot.xml file.
- Blog: Geocoding Improvements and Deprecations in ArcGIS Desktop 10.5 and ArcGIS Pro 1.4
- FAQ: Has the Deprecated Features for ArcGIS document been updated for 10.3.1 and 10.4?
Last Published: 11/30/2016
Article ID: 000014583
Software: ArcMap 10.4.1, 10.4