How To: Symbolize points based on multiple attribute values
This procedure allows a user to symbolize points based on multiple attribute values.
Instructions provided describe how to symbolize points with different colors and size determined by values from different fields in the attribute table.
- In Table Of Contents, right-click the layer and click Properties.
- In the Layer Properties dialog box, click the Symbology tab. On the left side (the Show: box), click Multiple Attributes.
- In the Value Fields section, select the field containing the attribute to base the color symbology on. Leave the other two fields blank.
- Click the Add All Values button at the bottom and uncheck <all other values>.
- Click the Symbol Size button. The Draw quantities using symbol size to show relative values dialog box is displayed.
- Select the Value field and set it to the field that has quantities. Leave the Normalization as none. Click OK.
- Click OK in the Layer Properties dialog box. The points are symbolized based on two fields, one with different colors for each value and the other based on size.
- ArcMap: Drawing features to show quantity by category
- ArcMap: About symbolizing layers to represent quantity
- How To: Group unique values from multiple attribute fields in ArcGIS Pro