ArcGIS (Desktop, Engine) 10.6.1 General Update Patch
This patch includes general quality improvements as well as targeted fixes for the most frequently reported failures.Description
Esri® announces the ArcGIS (Desktop, Engine) 10.6.1 General Update Patch. This patch includes targeted fixes for the defects listed in the Issues Addressed with this patch section, as well as other general quality improvements.
This patch also addresses a number of the most frequently reported failures received through user submitted error reports in the following areas:
General interactions with the scale control
Working with different types of raster datasets
Working with and entering some types of address data
General interactions with dock panes
Working with the Geoprocessing Results window and working with Geoprocessing scripts
Working with some distributed geodatabases
Working with table windows when a query definition is present
For the best stability and performance, Esri® also recommends 10.6.1 users install all outstanding 10.6.1 patches, specifically the following:
ArcGIS Desktop 10.6.1 Exporting Data From a Layer Patch
ArcGIS Desktop Dialog Initialization Performance Patch
ArcGIS Desktop TLS Patch
All other 10.6.1 patches can be found at Esri Support Downloads.
This patch deals specifically with the issue listed below under Issues Addressed with this patch.
- BUG-000116939 - Within ArcMap 10.6.1, the 'Find' & 'Find Route' Tools initialize slowly; cause AppHang exceptions in severe cases.
- BUG-000116614 - The related table returns an incorrect selection result when more than 99 records are selected in the feature class involved in a relationship class.
- BUG-000115103 - ArcGIS Desktop crashes on importing changes when run on specific data.
- BUG-000112999 - The Export to CAD tool in ArcGIS Desktop 10.6 does not create blocks in the output DWG file. This worked successfully with data provided in version 10.5.1.
- BUG-000088196 - The Find tool prompts to log in to an ArcGIS Online subscription account even when not using any Ready-To-Use Services.
- BUG-000124326 - Renaming an SDO_Geometry feature class fails on Oracle 19c.
- BUG-000124325 - Create Spatial Type fails on Oracle 19c.
- BUG-000124079 - Running block adjustment on imagery collection the second time may fail with missing default elevation value.
- BUG-000122703 - Related fixes for the Optimized Compress work
- BUG-000121659 - Add support for Chipped NITF files in ArcGIS.
- BUG-000121297 - Font smoothing in Windows 10 significantly degrades ArcMap performance.
- BUG-000119801 - Sample fails when more than one mosaic datasets are input as input rasters.
- BUG-000119759 - Improve the quality and performance of the Sample tool.
- BUG-000119534 - Path Allocation produces incorrect results when the source characteristics are specified.
- BUG-000119493 - Sink tool creates two unique values for sink regions that are diagonally connected. This is incorrect as diagonally connected sinks should be identified with a single unique value.
- BUG-000119425 - The SummarizeRasterWithin and ConvertRasterToFeature tasks in ArcGIS Image Server crashes when trying to directly read an input image service collocated on a cloud raster store.
- BUG-000119424 - Zonal Geometry as Table and Zonal Geometry tools generate incorrect results when a field other than value was used. In this case, the logic for calculating zonal geometry properties is not correct, and the software may crash.
- BUG-000119423 - Watershed tool hangs when processing extent is set to a single cell catchment.
- BUG-000119422 - Flow distance tool in modelbuilder does not display 'FlowDistanceType' parameter.
- BUG-000119421 - Flow Distance tool produces NoData for majority of cells when input surface raster is not hydro conditioned.
- BUG-000119419 - Euclidean Direction using high resolution data produces incorrect output.
- BUG-000119323 - RasterToPolygon with "Create multipart features" enabled, locks the output for editing.
- BUG-000118421 - If there are non-English characters in a connection string, the Copy Raster tool will return this error when importing a raster in an enterprise geodatabase, "ERROR 999999: Error executing function. No raster store is configured. Not running inside a server process. Failed to execute (CopyRaster).''
- BUG-000116917 - Generate Raster tool using classify function didn't write attribute table if the output is CRF in cloud store
- BUG-000116916 - Build seamlines with Disparity method for mosaic dataset of scanned images produce wrong result
- BUG-000116915 - The "Compute Histograms" and the "Compute Statistics Histograms" operations fail with raster rendering services.
- BUG-000116912 - When publishing a Web Coverage Service (WCS) to ArcGIS Server, the coverage name is not correct in the response of a WCS v2.0.1 GetCapabilities request, if the coverage name is not set to dataset's name when publishing.
- BUG-000116910 - Enterprise Orthomapping workflow may fail at compute color correction for the underlying mosaic dataset because parallel compute statistics for the raster items failed
- BUG-000116909 - Rasters failed to load when the dataframe coordinate system is set as GCS WGS 1984
- BUG-000116811 - Attempting to read the spatial reference of an LAS file with incorrect metadata information causes ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS Server to crash.
- BUG-000116589 - Cost Path and Cost Path as Polyline with flow direction input for backlink raster is slow.
- BUG-000116047 - Cost Path produces incorrect output when Flow Direction raster is used as input for distance and backlink raster.
- BUG-000115691 - Cannot use Pansharpen function to combine or merge colorized elevation raster with hillshade raster.
- BUG-000115186 - An error, "ERROR 999999: Error executing function. No raster store is configurated. Not running inside a server process. Failed to execute (CopyRaster).'' is returned when importing a raster in an enterprise geodatabase.
- BUG-000115147 - When calling ITopologicalOperator::Buffer on a polygon, if the polygon is degenerated to a point, the buffer call crashes.
- BUG-000114964 - Switching to JPEG compression causes nodata to display as black rather than transparent.
- BUG-000113368 - Euclidean allocation, distance and direction tools are much slower in current version verses previous version of ArcMap.
- BUG-000098315 - Sample return Null data, when input raster is Mosaic.
- BUG-000096996 - ExtractMultiValuestoPoints, ExtractValuestoPoints returns error when the input points feature is a XY Event Layer.
The ArcGIS product listed in the table must be installed on your system before you can install a patch. Each patch setup is specific to the ArcGIS product in the list. To determine which products are installed on your system, please see the How to identify which ArcGIS products are installed section. Esri recommends that you install the patch for each product that is on your system.
- Download the appropriate file to a location other than your ArcGIS installation location.
- Make sure you have write access to your ArcGIS installation location.
- Double-click ArcGIS-1061-<Product>-GU-Patch.msp to start the setup process.
NOTE: If double clicking on the MSP file does not start the setup installation, you can start the setup installation manually by using the following command:
msiexec.exe /p [location of Patch]\ArcGIS-1061-<Product>-GU-Patch.msp
|ArcGIS 10.6.1||Checksum (Md5)|
To uninstall this patch on Windows, open the Windows Control Panel and navigate to installed programs. Make sure that "View installed updates" (upper left side of the Programs and Features dialog) is active. Select the patch name from the programs list and click Uninstall to remove the patch.
Check the Patches and Service Packs page periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this patch will be posted here.
To determine which ArcGIS products are installed, choose the appropriate version of the PatchFinder utility for your environment and run it from your local machine. PatchFinder will list all products, hot fixes, and patches installed on your local machine.
Domestic sites, please contact Esri Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing this patch. International sites, please contact your local Esri software distributor.