ArcGIS (Desktop, Engine) Text Performance Patch
Drawing of text when font smoothing is enabled is significantly slower than non-smoothed text. This patch resolves the performance deficit.Description
Esri® announces the ArcGIS (Desktop, Engine) Text Performance Patch. On computers with font smoothing enabled, drawing of text (annotation, labels, etc.) is substantially slower than when font-smoothing is not enabled. This patch resolves that performance deficit. This patch deals specifically with the issue listed below under Issues Addressed with this patch.
- BUG-000121297 - Font smoothing in Windows 10 significantly degrades ArcMap performance.
To avoid conflicts this patch at 10.6.1 also includes:
- BUG-000115147 - When calling ITopologicalOperator::Buffer on a polygon, if the polygon is degenerated to a point, the buffer call crashes.
- BUG-000087750 - Squares appear in the annotation in an exported PDF if Unicode symbols are used with Arial font.
- BUG-000084706 - At 10.3, a PDF exported from a map document will have missing labels and text if the operating system is formatted to French (Canada).
- BUG-000083717 - In ArcMap 10.3, exporting a map as a PDF under certain regional settings will throw an error and fail to print labels.
- BUG-000081411 - Layer masking in the Advanced Drawing Options dialog box does not fully mask annotations when a map is exported to PDF.
- NIM096192 - There is a problem when exporting a map document to PDF when Latin fonts use accents.
- NIM062136 - The exported PDF does not show the latitude and longitude information in Adobe Acrobat Reader version 9.3 or 9.4 if the exported map is in the "WGS_1984_Web_Mercator_Auxiliary_Sphere" projection.
The ArcGIS product listed in the table must be installed on your system before you can install a patch. Each patch setup is specific to the ArcGIS product in the list. To determine which products are installed on your system, please see the How to identify which ArcGIS products are installed section. Esri recommends that you install the patch for each product that is on your system.
- Download the appropriate file to a location other than your ArcGIS installation location.
- Make sure you have write access to your ArcGIS installation location.
- Double-click ArcGIS-<Version>-<Product>-TP-Patch.msp to start the setup process.
NOTE: If double clicking on the MSP file does not start the setup installation, you can start the setup installation manually by using the following command:
msiexec.exe /p [location of Patch]\ArcGIS-<Version>-<Product>-TP-Patch.msp
|ArcGIS 10.6.1||Checksum (Md5)|
|ArcGIS 10.2.1||Checksum (Md5)|
To uninstall this patch on Windows, open the Windows Control Panel and navigate to installed programs. Make sure that "View installed updates" (upper left side of the Programs and Features dialog) is active. Select the patch name from the programs list and click Uninstall to remove the patch.
Check the Patches and Service Packs page periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this patch will be posted here.
To determine which ArcGIS products are installed, choose the appropriate version of the PatchFinder utility for your environment and run it from your local machine. PatchFinder will list all products, hot fixes, and patches installed on your local machine.
Domestic sites, please contact Esri Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing this patch. International sites, please contact your local Esri software distributor.