ArcMap Continued Support
ArcGIS 10.8.2 is the current release of ArcMap and will continue to be supported until March 01, 2026 as established in the ArcGIS Desktop Product Life Cycle.
We do not have plans to release an ArcMap 10.9. This means the 10.8.x series will be the final release series of ArcMap and will be supported until March 01, 2026.
Does this mean that ArcMap is going away?
No. Even after ArcMap is retired in 2026, customers can continue to use ArcMap as long as their license is valid. However, all desktop development efforts are focused on ArcGIS Pro, and customers are encouraged to migrate to ArcGIS Pro.
What Esri software/applications are part of the ArcMap support Product Life Cycle?
- ArcMap extensions (including ArcScene and ArcGlobe, which are part of 3D Analyst)
- The Desktop ArcObjects SDK and ArcGIS Engine
Will Esri issue any updates or patches to the ArcMap 10.8.x releases?
Yes. While 10.8 is the last major release of ArcMap, we will continue to update and patch the 10.8.x releases to address security and third-party issues as established in the ArcGIS Desktop Product Life Cycle.
What does Esri recommend that customers do?
We recommend that customers start migrating their projects and workflows from ArcMap to ArcGIS Pro.
What resources are available to help customers migrate from ArcMap to ArcGIS Pro?
There are many resources available to help our users migrate from ArcMap to ArcGIS Pro including Esri Academy, Learn ArcGIS lessons, blogs, videos and books. Here is a list of examples:
- Discover ArcGIS Pro
Learn ArcGIS – Industry and workflow focused tutorials
- Try ArcGIS Pro – A tutorial series to get started with ArcGIS Pro.
- ArcGIS Pro content – See all ArcGIS Pro content available in the Learn catalog.
ArcGIS Pro Documentation
- ArcGIS Pro FAQ
- Download, install and authorize ArcGIS Pro
- Named-user licensing – learn how to enable ArcGIS Pro through ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Enterprise.
- ArcGIS Pro Quick-Start Tutorials
- Keyboard Shortcuts
- Migrating from ArcMap to ArcGIS Pro – a two-day instructor-led class.
- ArcGIS Pro Fundamentals– Learning plan covering the basics, essential workflows, data and more.
- ArcGIS Pro courses– See all ArcGIS Pro content in Esri Academy.
- ArcGIS Pro blog posts– Stay current with the latest ArcGIS Pro blog posts
- Esri Press
- Migrate ArcObjects SDK Customizations to ArcGIS Pro
Is there an option for organizations who must stay on 10.8.x and are interested in receiving Technical Support beyond 2026?
Yes. Esri Premium Support may be an option for customers to receive one additional year of Technical Support. To learn more, please visit the Esri Premium Support website for more details.