Patches and updates
ArcGIS Desktop 8.3 Service Pack 3
If you work with large (many features) or complex ArcIMS Feature Services, installing this Service Pack may cause an ArcGIS client to misread data from the ArcIMS Server resulting in unexpected behavior. The resolution is now available by installing the ArcGIS Desktop 8.3 Feature Service and HTTPS connection Patch.
ESRI® is pleased to announce ArcGIS Desktop 8.3 Service Pack 3. This Service Pack includes all of the issues addressed in Service Pack 1.1, Service Pack 2, and some additional performance and maintenance issues. It deals specifically with the issues listed below under Issues Addressed with this Service Pack.
You can install this Service Pack on any ArcGIS 8.3 installation. If you have already installed Service Pack 1.1 or 2, you can install this Service Pack on top of them. If you have not yet installed Service Pack 1.1 or 2 you only need to install Service Pack 3.
We recommend that all ArcGIS 8.3 customers download and install this Service Pack, at their earliest convenience, to ensure the highest quality experience when working with ArcGIS 8.3.
NOTE: If you are using a localized version of ArcGIS, please contact your local distributor to get the updated language supplement.
- CQ00185893 - ArcScene application failure when using Select or Identify tools on vertical PolygonZ features.
- CQ00192839 - ITinSurface.GetSteepestPath incorrectly returns null pointer in special case scenario.
- CQ00148648 - Layer data source links are broken when programmatically opening a map document saved with relative paths.
- CQ00154265 - Allow ability to connect to restricted map services with a proxy server configuration.
- CQ00192135 - SpatRefs with same coordsys but different precisions can not be assigned to map.
- CQ00203381 - Improve ArcMap draw peformance when data fame is rotated.
- CQ00203625 - ArcMap crashes when cursor is flashing in an attribute cell and the window is closed with the X button.
- CQ00207099 - IRelationshipClassEvents::OnDelete causes ArcMap to crash if attribute table is open.
- CQ00207157 - Changing Layouts while editing causes ArcMap to fatal.
- CQ00210341 - Occasional incorrect graticule minute label (eg. 21deg 60' 00").
- CQ00211818 - Picture Fills - Increase the size limit to 512x512 pixels for bitmaps.
- CQ00211881 - Feature-linked annotation positions can update even when "update on shape change" is turned off.
- CQ00188812 - Natural Neighbor rubbersheet causes zingers in GDT data.
- CQ00202605 - ArcMap may hang when saving topology edits.
- CQ00088321 - Added the ability to sort versions in version manager by name/owner/access/date.
- CQ00088323 - Updated the version and reconcile menus to resemble the new version manager menu.
- CQ00189743 - Interfaces exposed at 8.3 that should be removed from the olb.
- CQ00203321 - Using the custom relationship split policy "Preserve on All" when splitting features does not preserve all the attributed relationships between 2 features.
- CQ00212259 - ObjectLoader stores the feature's geometry incorrectly if IWorkspaceEditControl.SetStoreEventsRequired has been called prior to loading the data.
- CQ00171356 - WKSEnvelope::Equals floating point exception when non-empty compared to empty envelope.
- CQ00198227 - Map not refreshed properly when rows are deleted from the event layer's “base” table.
- CQ00204652 - Editing routes in a personal geodatabase can be slow when events are displayed also.
- CQ00205930 - Events with no OID draw incorrectly in projected data frames.
- CQ00207462 - New dynamic segmentation algorithm necessary for certain event editing applications.
- CQ00209448 - Events do not refresh properly after deleting a route followed by an ‘undo’.
- CQ00211205 - Refresh Version command does not always work for event layers.
- CQ00187423 - The MapControl can now display SDC data directly or as a layer in a MXD document.
- Under the ArcGIS Desktop installation bin folder:
Since this Service Pack replaces several ArcGIS Desktop 8.3 files, ArcGIS Desktop 8.3 must be installed before you can install this Service Pack.
- Make sure you have write access to your ArcGIS Desktop, and that no one is using ArcGIS Desktop.
- Download ArcGIS-83-Sp3.exe (18 MB) to a location other than your ArcGIS Desktop installation location.
- Double-click the setup file to start the install process.
- When Setup starts, follow the instructions on your screen.
- If you connect to an ArcSDE database, download ArcGIS-83-Sp3-sdefiles.exe (5 MB) and repeat steps 3 and 4. Please refer to ArcSDE 8.3 Service Pack 1 for the list of resolved ArcSDE issues and files updated.
NOTE: If you have installed client setups from a shared Network Administrative ArcGIS Desktop setup, this Service Pack must be applied to all client installations.
Check Online Support Center periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this Service Pack will be posted here.
- UPDATE 10/20/03 - Fixed the broken link to ArcGIS Desktop 8.3 Service Pack 2.
- UPDATE 10/30/03 - Added a link to the ArcSDE 8.3 Service Pack 1 download page to access the list of issues resolved and files updated.
- UPDATE 11/07/03 - Added a link to the ArcGIS Desktop 8.3 Feature Service and HTTPS connection Patch in the Important Note section.
Use the ArcGIS Desktop Administrator to view the information about your installation.Under ArcGIS Configuration section the current Service Pack Information is displayed.
The ArcGIS Desktop Administrator can be accessed by selecting Start > Programs > ArcGIS >Desktop Administrator.
Domestic sites, please contact ESRI Technical Support at 909.793.3774, if you have any difficulty installing this Service Pack. International sites, please contact your local ESRI software distributor.