Patches and updates
ArcGIS Desktop 8.3 Feature Service and HTTPS connection Patch
ESRI® is pleased to announce ArcGIS Desktop 8.3 Feature Service and HTTPS connection Patch. This Patch is an update to ArcGIS Desktop 8.3 Service Pack 3. It addresses the Feature Services issue found with Service Pack 3, and some additional performance and maintenance issues. It deals specifically with the issues listed below under Issues Addressed with this Patch.
We recommend that all ArcGIS 8.3 customers download and install this Patch, at their earliest convenience, to ensure the highest quality experience when working with ArcGIS Desktop 8.3 Service Pack 3.
NOTE: If you are using a localized version of ArcGIS, please contact your local distributor to get the updated language supplement.
- CQ00154265 - Allow ability to connect to restricted map services with a proxy server configuration.
CQ00219594 - After installing ArcGIS SP3, some functions of certain IMS feature servers may not work.
- Under the ArcGIS Desktop installation bin folder:
Since this Patch replaces an ArcGIS Desktop 8.3 Service Pack 3 file, ArcGIS Desktop 8.3 Service Pack 3 must be installed before you can install this Patch.
- Make sure you have write access to your ArcGIS Desktop, and that no one is using ArcGIS Desktop.
- Download ArcGIS-83-FS-Patch.exe (1 MB) to a location other than your ArcGIS Desktop installation location.
- Double-click the setup file to start the install process.
- When Setup starts, follow the instructions on your screen.
NOTE: If you have installed client setups from a shared Network Administrative ArcGIS Desktop setup, this Patch must be applied to all client installations.
Check Online Support Center periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this Patch will be posted here.
Domestic sites, please contact ESRI Technical Support at 909.793.3774, if you have any difficulty installing this Patch. International sites, please contact your local ESRI software distributor.