If your support case is attached to an existing bug or has been diagnosed as a new bug with Esri software and it is adversely affecting your business, you can escalate the bug through for additional consideration in upcoming releases.
A bug can only be escalated if the following conditions are met:
- Your organization must have active software maintenance.
- The bug has not already been escalated by another user within your organization.
Enhancement requests cannot be escalated. To add your use case to an existing enhancement, you can create a technical support case or use the Ideas site to either create a new idea or support and existing idea.
To escalate a bug, follow the steps below.
- Go My Esri and log in using your Esri Account.
- On the Organization Profile page for your organization, click the Support drop-down, and click Bugs & Enhancements, as shown in the next image.
You must be an authorized caller and member of the organization in My Esri. This account must be linked to your Customer Number to view cases and bugs.
- On the Bug & Enhancements page, notice that you can see all the defects and their status submitted or attached to your cases on your behalf. You can search, sort or even export a list of defects using the options shown. Expand the specific bug to escalate by clicking the plus sign (+) on the left-hand side of the record.
- On the right-hand side of the bug record, click the escalation (upload) icon, as shown in the image below.
- Complete the Escalate Bug form shown below. Include the number of people affected and a business justification that explains the impact of this bug to your company. You can also add attachments.
Bugs leading to critical production issues should be reported to your Account Management team. If you are a member of Esri Premium Support or an International Distributor please contact your Technical Account Manager.
- Click the Escalate button.
You will receive an automated email serving as a record of your escalation request.