In ArcGIS Urban, only polygons can be used as parcels. The polyline shapefile must be converted to a polygon shapefile in ArcGIS Pro before publishing it as a hosted feature layer and importing it as parcels into an urban model.
- Open the project in ArcGIS Pro.
- Convert the polyline shapefile to a polygon feature class. Refer to How To: Convert polyline features to a polygon feature with an ArcGIS Desktop Basic license in ArcGIS Pro for instructions.
- Export the polygon feature class to a shapefile using the Feature Class To Shapefile tool.
- On the top ribbon, click the Analysis tab, and click Tools.
- In the Geoprocessing pane, search for and click Feature Class To Shapefile (Conversion Tools).
- For Input Features, select the polygon feature layer from the drop-down list.
- For Output Folder, specify a name and location to export the shapefile.
- Click Run.
- Create a .zip file from the output shapefile created in Step 3.
- In Microsoft Windows, open File Explorer and navigate to the folder containing the shapefile.
- Right-click the folder and select Send to > Compressed (zipped) folder.
Alternatively, create a .zip file using any zip or archive application.
- In ArcGIS Online, upload the .zip file and publish it as a hosted feature layer. Refer to ArcGIS Online: Publish a shapefile for instructions.
- Create an urban model and import the polygon feature layer stored in the ArcGIS Online organization as parcels.