Problem: Analysis tools are missing in Portal for ArcGIS Map Viewer
In Portal for ArcGIS, some or all analysis tools are missing in Map Viewer.
- Some tools are not available for certain license editions. For example, spatial analysis tools are only available with the ArcGIS GIS Server Advanced edition.
- Some tools require the utilities services to be enabled to be used in Map Viewer. For example, enabling the network utility service allows for the Closest Facility tools to be available in Map Viewer.
- The ArcGIS Enterprise portal member does not have the right privileges to perform feature or raster analysis. Refer to Portal for ArcGIS: User types, roles, and privileges for more information.
- A GIS Server site configured with a data store is not configured as the portal's hosting server.
Solution or Workaround
Configure the ArcGIS Enterprise portal to perform analysis
Upgrade the portal's hosting server with an ArcGIS GIS Server Advanced edition. Refer to ArcGIS Server: Functionality for more information
Configure utility services for the desired tools
Some utility services need to be enabled before the analysis tool are available. Refer to Portal for ArcGIS: Configure utility services for steps to do so.
Alternatively, an ArcGIS Enterprise portal can be configured to use ArcGIS Online utility services. Refer to Portal for ArcGIS: Configure ArcGIS Online utility services for steps to do so.
Grant the Publisher or a custom role with spatial analysis privileges enabled to perform analysis
An ArcGIS Enterprise portal member requires the Publisher or a custom role with spatial analysis privileges enabled to perform analysis. Refer to Portal for ArcGIS: Configure member roles for steps to do so.
Configure a GIS Server site as the portal's hosting server
A GIS Server site configured with a data store needs to be set as a hosting server for the portal to perform feature and raster analysis in Map Viewer. Refer to Portal for ArcGIS: Configure a hosting server for steps to do so.
- Portal for ArcGIS: Configure the portal to perform analysis
- Portal for ArcGIS: Use the spatial analysis tools
- FAQ: Why is the Perform Analysis option missing in ArcGIS Online?
Last Published: 9/19/2021
Article ID: 000026419
Software: Portal for ArcGIS 10.9, 10.8.1, 10.8, 10.7.1, 10.7