Bug: Unable to sign in to ArcGIS Online from ArcGIS Pro using Google credentials
When signing in to ArcGIS Online from ArcGIS Pro using Google credentials, the following errors are returned:
An error has occurred in the script on this page.
Google Couldn't sign you in
This is logged as BUG-000127774.
Note: This issue also affects ArcMap users, and a workaround for that product is found in Bug: Unable to sign in to ArcGIS Online from ArcMap using Google credentials.
The issue occurs because a script on the Google sign-in web page is incompatible with the Internet Explorer version used for the embedded browser dialog in ArcGIS Pro.
Configure the Internet Explorer version of the web browser using a registry key.
Warning The instructions below include making changes to essential parts of the operating system. Esri recommends performing a backup of the operating system and files, including the registry, before proceeding. Esri cannot guarantee results from incorrect modifications while following these instructions. Exercise caution. Consult a qualified computer systems professional if necessary.
- Click Start > Run.
- Type regedit in the Open box and click OK.
- Browse to the following registry key:
- Add a new DWORD (32-bit) Value for ArcGISPro.exe.
- Right-click FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION, and click New > DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Name the key ArcGISPro.exe.
- Right-click the key, and click Modify.
- Modify the key Value data to 2af9, and click OK.
Note: Delete the browsing history in Internet Options to clear Google credentials used with ArcGIS Pro.
- Problem: Unable to sign in to ArcGIS Pro with Google credentials
- Microsoft: How to back up and restore the registry in Windows
- Bug: Unable to sign in to ArcGIS Online from ArcMap using Google credentials
- FAQ: Is it possible to change a social network login to a normal login for an ArcGIS Online organizational account?
Last Published : 7/15/2021
Article ID: 000022667
Software: ArcGIS Online 9.2, 9.1 ArcGIS Pro 2.4.3, 2.4.2, 2.4.1, 2.4, 2.3.3, 2.3.2, 2.3.1, 2.3, 2.2.4, 2.2.3, 2.2.2, 2.2.1, 2.2, 2.1.3, 2.1.2, 2.1.1, 2.1, 2.0.1, 2.0