Problem: "Invalid object name" error is returned when editing a hosted feature layer
When editing a hosted feature layer, such as in an ArcGIS Online map viewer or web app, the edits are not applied and the following error message is returned:
Error: Invalid object name
This is a known issue. This issue occurs if the 'Keep track of created and updated features' option is enabled and the 'Enable Sync' option is disabled in the hosted feature layer editor settings. For more information, refer to BUG-000112974.
Solution or Workaround
The workaround for this issue is as follows:
- In ArcGIS Online, open the item details page of the hosted feature layer.
- Click the Settings tab and scroll down to the Feature Layer (hosted) section.
- Under Editing, uncheck the check box for Keep track of created and updated features and Keep track of who created and last updated features, and click Save.
- Check the check box for Keep track of created and updated features and Keep track of who created and last updated features, and click Save.
- ArcGIS Online: Item details
- ArcGIS Online: Manage editor settings
- ArcGIS Online: Hosted feature layer view settings
- Problem: Unable to save settings for a hosted feature layer after enabling editing