Problem: A line feature class shared from ArcGIS Pro does not display in ArcGIS Online
When publishing a line feature class as a hosted feature layer from ArcGIS Pro to ArcGIS Online, the line feature class fails to display, as shown in the image below.
When m-values and z-values are enabled for a line feature class, the line features overlap and do not appear when published in ArcGIS Online.
Solution or Workaround
Disable m-values and z-values for the output layer in the Environment Settings prior to publishing.
- In ArcGIS Pro, right-click the line feature class, and click Properties. Ensure the feature class has m-values or z-values enabled, and click Cancel.
- In the Geoprocessing pane, open the Feature Class to Feature Class tool.
- Set the output name and location in the Parameters tab.
- Click Environments > Output has M Values > Disabled > Output has Z Values > Disabled.
- Click Run. A new feature class is created.
- Publish the new feature class to ArcGIS Online. The lines are displayed in ArcGIS Online map viewer.
- How To: Remove Z- and/ or M-values from a feature class
- ArcGIS Pro Help: Feature Class to Feature Class
- ArcGIS Pro Help:Output has M Values (Environment setting)
- ArcGIS Pro Help: Output has Z Values (Environment setting)