How To: Remove Z- and/or M-values from a feature class
The instructions provided below describe how to create a copy of a feature class and disable M- and Z-value associations for the output feature class. These associations cannot be removed from an existing feature class.
- M-values are routing values.
- Z-values are elevation values.
Note: ArcGIS Mobile Services cannot contain M or Z enabled feature layers.
- Browse to ArcToolbox > Conversion Tools > To Geodatabase.
- Open the Feature Class to Geodatabase (multiple) tool.
- In the Feature Class to Geodatabase (multiple) window, add all the feature classes into the Input Features parameter.
- Select an Output Geodatabase.
- Click the Environments button at the bottom of the tool window.
- In the Environment Settings window, expand M Values, and select Disabled for Output has M Values.
- Expand Z Values, and select Disabled for Output has Z Values.
- Click OK.
- In the Feature Class to Geodatabase (multiple) window, click OK to execute the geoprocessing tool.
Last Published: 1/25/2021
Article ID: 000010389