Error: The specified ArcGIS Server already has a managed data store
Attempts to configure an ArcGIS Data Store fails and the following error message is returned:
Error: The specified ArcGIS Server already has a managed data store.
ArcGIS Server fails to register ArcGIS Data Store if a previous Data Store has been uninstalled from the server. Additionally, the previous data store connection remains active when viewed in ArcGIS Server Manager.
When uninstalling ArcGIS Data Store, the connection string is retained in the 'arcgisserver' folder under the dsconnections.lst file if Data Store is not unregistered prior to uninstalling. ArcGIS Server Manager automatically detects the connection string of an active data store and returns the error when attempting to configure a new data store with the server.
For more information, refer to ArcGIS Help: Uninstall ArcGIS Data Store.
Solution or Workaround
As there may be multiple registered databases, the dsconnections.lst file may contain several database connection strings. Prior to deleting a specific data store connection, identify the ID of the database in question via the dataItem.json file. The instructions provided describe how to remove the data store connection from the dsconnection.lst file located in the 'arcgisserver' folder:
- Navigate to and open the AGSDatastore_ds folder, usually located at the following file path:
- Open the dataItem.json file using a text editor, such as Notepad.
- Locate and copy the values associated with the "id" parameter. For example:
- Navigate one folder level up to the enterpriseDatabases folder, and delete the desired folder with the AGSDataStore_ds prefix.
- Navigate one folder level up to the data folder.
- Open and edit the dsconnections.lst file using a text editor.
- To locate and delete the connection entry for the ArcGIS Data Store, search the document for the values copied in Step 3 (Ctrl+F). The data store connection entry begins with the "id" value and ends with the "DBMS" value. Select and delete the entire entry for the data store.
- Save the dsconnections.lst file. The old ArcGIS Data Store connection is removed.
- Error: Attempt to configure data store failed. Extended error message: Failed to configure tile cache data store
- ArcGIS Help: Install ArcGIS Data Store
- ArcGIS Help: Create a data store