Problem: Unable to share a web scene containing point cloud data from ArcGIS Pro
When attempting to share a lidar dataset as a web scene from ArcGIS Pro 1.4, the following warning message is returned:
Warning: 24078: Layer's data source is not supported.
Publishing a web scene containing point cloud data from ArcGIS Pro 1.4 is a known limitation. Scenes with lidar data type cannot be shared directly from ArcGIS Pro 1.4 to ArcGIS Online or Portal for ArcGIS.
Solution or Workaround
To solve this issue, follow the instructions provided below:
- Create a scene layer package in ArcGIS Pro 1.4. Refer to the following document: Create Scene Layer Package.
- Upload the created scene layer package to ArcGIS Online or Portal for ArcGIS, and publish as a hosted scene layer. Refer to the following document: Publish from a scene layer package.
- Add the service URL of the published scene layer to the ArcGIS Online scene viewer. Refer to the following document: Add layers with a URL.
Note: It is possible to publish a point cloud scene layer from ArcGIS Pro 1.4 to both ArcGIS Online and Portal for ArcGIS 10.5 by creating a scene layer package and manually uploading the point cloud scene layer. However, the point cloud scene layer cannot be displayed in the Portal for ArcGIS scene viewer due to a limitation of the ability of the scene viewer to render the point cloud data.
- ArcGIS Pro Help: Create Scene Layer Package
- Portal for ArcGIS Help: Publish hosted scene layers
- ArcGIS Online Help: Add layers