Error: Unable to launch LSAdmin.exe
After ArcGIS License Manager installation, trying to launch the ArcGIS License Manager returns the following error:
"Unable to launch LSAdmin.exe."
This may be caused by the following error:
- Incomplete installation of ArcGIS License Manager.
- The installation of a new ArcGIS License Manager immediately after the uninstallation of an older version, results in an unclean uninstallation of the application.
Use one of the following suggestions to solve the error:
- Perform a clean uninstallation of the previous installation of ArcGIS License Manager. For more information, refer to the following Knowledge Base article, Error 1325. EsriPyFldr is not a valid short file name.
- Run the repair on ArcGIS License Manager. For more information, refer to the following Knowledge Base article, Problem: Unable to import arcpy, in the Solution section, Step 4.
- Uninstall ArcGIS License Manager, restart the machine, and rerun the installation properly. For more information, refer to the following web help document, ArcGIS for Desktop Help: Installing ArcGIS for Desktop on your computer.
Last Published: 1/26/2017
Article ID: 000013386