Error: Error 7284: Cannot perform support actions on inactive fulfillment record
When authorizing or deauthorizing the ArcGIS for Desktop license, the following error may be returned:
"Error 7284: Cannot perform support actions on inactive fulfillment record <FID number>. [Incident# <Incident number>]"
The error may be caused by one of the following reasons:
• The ArcGIS for Desktop license may have not been deauthorized before uninstalling the software.
• The user has exhausted the number of license activations provided.
• The deauthorization process may have been interrupted, corrupting the FlexNet Publisher Trusted Storage cache.
• The ArcGIS for Desktop license has been disabled.
Solution or Workaround
To resolve this issue, clear the FlexNet Publisher Trusted Storage cache by running the ArcGIS Deauthorization tool or manually clearing the files, as described below.
- Solution A: Deauthorize using the ArcGIS Deauthorization Tool
The ArcGIS Deauthorization Tool allows users to deauthorize licenses automatically, even when ArcGIS for Desktop has been uninstalled.
1. Download the ArcGIS Deauthorization Tool (4.23 MB .zip file).
2. Extract the tool from the .zip file to a temporary location on the local machine.
3. Unzip the folder and run the Deauthorize.bat file to deauthorize the licenses.
4. Launch the ArcGIS Administrator and select the 'Availability' folder to verify the installed ArcGIS products authorizations have been removed.
5. The license deauthorization is successful if the 'Authorized' column values are 'No'. Proceed to authorize ArcGIS for Desktop.
- Solution B: Deauthorize Manually
Perform Steps 1 and 2 if ArcGIS License Manager is installed, if not, skip to Step 3.
1. Click Start > Programs > ArcGIS > License Manager > License Server Administrator to launch ArcGIS License Manager.
2. Select the Start/Stop License Service and click Stop.
Renaming the FLEXNet folder might affect other software that uses Flexera’s licensing solution. It is advised to check the FLEXNet folder for other files that are not from ArcGIS to determine if the folder is used by other software products. If other files are located, use the alternate solution for Step 3.
3. Navigate to the FlexNet Publisher Trusted Storage cache and rename the 'FLEXNet' folder to 'FLEXNet_old' at the following location:
Windows XP and 2003 Server:
• C:\Documents & Settings\All Users\Application Data\
Windows Vista, 7 and Server 2008:
Alternatively, remove all of the 'ArcGIS_XXXXXXXX_tsf.data' files from the FLEXNet folder, or move the files to a new folder.
4. Launch the ArcGIS Administrator and select the Availability folder to verify the installed ArcGIS products authorizations have been removed.
5. The license deauthorization is successful if the Authorized column values are 'No'. Proceed to authorize ArcGIS for Desktop.
- Deauthorize ArcGIS Desktop and Engine Single Use licenses after uninstalling the software
- Esri Web Help: Authorizing ArcGIS single-use products and features
- Deauthorize one or more of multiple concurrent or single-use licenses.