2. Extract the tool from the .zip file to a temporary location on the local machine.
3. Unzip the folder and run the Deauthorize.bat file to deauthorize the licenses.
4. Launch the ArcGIS Administrator and select the 'Availability' folder to verify the installed ArcGIS products authorizations have been removed.
5. The license deauthorization is successful if the 'Authorized' column values are 'No'. Proceed to authorize ArcGIS for Desktop.
Solution B: Deauthorize Manually
Perform Steps 1 and 2 if ArcGIS License Manager is installed, if not, skip to Step 3.
1. Click Start > Programs > ArcGIS > License Manager > License Server Administrator to launch ArcGIS License Manager.
2. Select the Start/Stop License Service and click Stop.
Warning: Renaming the FLEXNet folder might affect other software that uses Flexera’s licensing solution. It is advised to check the FLEXNet folder for other files that are not from ArcGIS to determine if the folder is used by other software products. If other files are located, use the alternate solution for Step 3.
3. Navigate to the FlexNet Publisher Trusted Storage cache and rename the 'FLEXNet' folder to 'FLEXNet_old' at the following location: