Problem: Text in ArcMap exported to AI, EPS or PDF files displays incorrectly
Text in ArcMap exported to AI, EPS or PDF files displays incorrectly. For example, the font displays in 1pt-size in Adobe Illustrator CS, CS2 and CS3.
This is a known problem. Adobe has completely replaced the text engine in Illustrator CS, CS2 and CS3.
Solution or Workaround
- Open the AI, EPS or PDF-exported map in Illustrator.
- Select everything on the map.
- Press the up arrow on the keyboard once. The text displays in the correct size.
- Press the down arrow on the keyboard once to reposition the entire map to its original location.
- Problem: Line widths or text sizes are incorrect in ArcMap created AI files
- Problem: Text does not display correctly in exported EPS files in Photoshop, Illustrator when using 'Embed all documents fonts'