Bug: ArcGIS Pro Error: "An error was encountered loading fields view"
In ArcGIS Pro, when trying to open fields view the following error message is presented:
"An error was encountered loading fields view".
- This occurs on all datasets, and the fields view cannot be opened for any data.
- A clean uninstall and clearing of registry keys does not resolve the issue.
The system Services setting for Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service is disabled.
Check the system Services console to ensure that the Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service is enabled:
- From the Start menu, open the Windows Services app.
- Locate the Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service, and right-click to open the Properties dialog, as shown in the next image.
- Switch to the General tab.
- Click the drop-down button next to Startup type.
- Change it to the Automatic type, as shown in the next image.
- Click Apply and restart the computer.
Last Published : 9/30/2022
Article ID: 000028472
Software: ArcGIS Pro 3.0.2, 3.0.1, 3.0, 2.9.4, 2.9.3, 2.9.2, 2.9.1, 2.9, 2.8.7, 2.8.6, 2.8.5, 2.8.4, 2.8.3, 2.8.2, 2.8.1, 2.8