Problem: Unable to update ArcGIS Pro using the Download Now button
The fastest way to update ArcGIS Pro is through the Download Now button in the ArcGIS Pro About page. However, in some instances the ArcGIS Pro product is cannot be updated in this manner.
The ArcGIS account connected to the My Esri organization with the ArcGIS Pro product download permission is not enabled. The ArcGIS account product permissions in the My Esri organization must be synced to the tasks related to ArcGIS Pro.
Solution or Workaround
Enable the Downloads permission through My Esri for a complete ArcGIS Pro product update.
- Request permissions to update ArcGIS Pro in My Esri. Refer to How To: Request additional permissions in My Esri. In the linked document, for step 9, check the Downloads permission box, as shown in the following image.
- Update ArcGIS Pro through My Esri. Refer to How To: Download and install Esri software from My Esri.
- ArcGIS Blog: How to Apply ArcGIS Pro Software Updates
- ArcGIS Pro: Frequently asked questions
- ArcGIS Pro: Update ArcGIS Pro
Last Published: 6/2/2021
Article ID: 000025279
Software: ArcGIS Pro 2.7.3, 2.7.2, 2.7.1, 2.7, 2.6.5, 2.6.4, 2.6.3, 2.6.2, 2.6.1, 2.6, 2.4.3, 2.4.2, 2.4.1, 2.4, 2.3.3, 2.3.2, 2.3.1, 2.3, 2.2.4, 2.2.3, 2.2.2, 2.2.1, 2.2, 2.1.3, 2.1.2, 2.1.1, 2.1, 2.0.1, 2.0