Error: "Not_Set" is an invalid hostname. Please enter a valid hostname
When attempting to launch ArcMap, the following error message is returned:
Error: "Not_Set" is an invalid hostname. Please enter a valid hostname.
The error occurs when a 'Concurrent Use' license level is selected in ArcGIS Administrator, and no License Manager is defined.
Solution or Workaround
To circumvent the issue, follow the steps below:
- Launch ArcGIS Administrator.
- Ensure the correct license level is selected.
- If a Concurrent Use license level is selected, click 'Change...' to define a License Manager.
- Enter the name of the License Manager in the available field. Alternatively, click 'Browse...' to connect to a specific computer on the network. Click OK.
- Click Apply, and OK.
- Close ArcGIS Administrator, and relaunch ArcMap.
- License Manager Guide: License manager installation and startup
- ArcMap: Authorizing your software
- Problem: Unable to connect to License Manager