How To: View the World Imagery basemap metadata in ArcGIS Pro
The World Imagery basemap contains high-resolution satellite and aerial imagery of the world. The information of the imagery basemap, such as the acquisition date, resolution, and source can be viewed in the metadata via pop-ups when clicking a desired area on the map.
The instructions provided describe how to view the World Imagery basemap metadata in ArcGIS Pro.
Note: To view the World Imagery basemap metadata in ArcGIS Desktop, refer to the following document: FAQ: Is it possible to determine the date of an image from the World Imagery basemap? To view the World Imagery basemap metadata in ArcGIS Online, refer to the following document: ArcGIS Blog: Learning more about the World Imagery basemap
- In ArcGIS Pro, open a new blank project.
- In the Insert tab, click New Map in the Project group. A new map is opened and added to the project.
- In the Map tab, navigate to the Layer group > Add Data > Data From Path.
- In the Add Data From Path dialog box, paste the following URL in Path:
- Click Add to add the World Imagery basemap.
- Zoom in and click the desired area to view the metadata.
- ArcGIS Blog: What's New in World Imagery Basemap (January 2018)
- GeoNet: Date of world imagery basemaps and layers in ArcMap and ArcExplorer
- GeoNet: ESRI World Imagery Tile Capture Dates