Patches and updates
PLTS for ArcGIS 9.2 Defense Solution Service Pack 1
We recommend that customers download and install this Service Pack at their earliest convenience. This service pack upgrades PLTS for ArcGIS 9.2 Defense Solution to version 220.127.116.11. In addition to the issues addressed, new functionality has been introduced that allows you to perform tasks such as export Geonames from a database to a comma-delimited file, databases comparison, and various editing tasks.
Note: You must install ArcGIS 9.2 Service Pack 3 before installing this service pack.
Note: You must install PLTS for ArcGIS 9.2 Foundation Service Pack 2 before installing this service pack.
- 2121New tool to create elevated segments
- 2124StripZsMs—Unexpected message when attempting to run command on an empty shapefile
- 2125StripZsMsCommand fails to run on successive tries
- 2126Data Comparison Tool needs to accept SDE databases
- 2127MGCP Land Cover Validation needs to remove the cell error record
- 2129Need to remove excess spaces in the LIMDIS Note
- 2132Add additional notes to MapSheet Notes Properties
- 2134The name of the data frame that contains the adjoining sheet guide information has been changed to Landline
- 2136JOG Series should read 1501A and not 1501
- 2550Geonames Schema Needs to be updated
- 2714GDBBuilder makes duplicate entries in FFT for first FC metadata (MCGID xls)
- 3064Geodatabase Builder output FFT missing ObjectID and SHAPE
- 3140CreateFFT needs to be modified to reflect new FFT columns
- You must have administrator privileges and ensure that ArcMap is not currently open.
- The CD or network location PLTS was originally installed from must be available. For instance, if PLTS was installed from a CD, the CD must be available during the service pack install. Copy the service pack to a local folder and have the PLTS software CD in the CD drive while installing the service pack. If PLTS was installed from a network location the location must be available during the service pack install.
- Double-click the PLTSDefense92_SP2.msp and follow the installation instructions.
Note: If the .msp extension is currently being used by another program and double clicking the .msp does not start the install process the service pack can be run from the command line.
Launching the service pack from command line:
- At a DOS command prompt, type 'msiexec.exe' to see if msiexec.exe can be found without specifying its full path.
- If Step 1 returns a message box from the Windows Install, proceed to Step 3. If it is not found, search your computer for 'msiexec.exe', usually found in the system32 folder, and note the full path when found.
- At a DOS command prompt use the following syntax to run the .msp file directly:
HowTo: Install a .msp file that is not recognized as a patch file
Check Online Support Center periodically for the availability of additional service packs and patches.
Domestic sites, please contact ESRI Technical Support at 909.793.3774, if you have any difficulty installing this Service Pack. International sites, please contact your local ESRI software distributor.