Patches and updates
ArcGIS Server 9.2 Table of Contents (TOC) Control Performance Patch
If you installed this Patch prior to May 23, please uninstall the product and re-install this latest version of the Patch. The previous installation files were not updating the Patched files correctly, thus causing an error message when trying to load certain assembly files. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.--->
ESRI® announces the ArcGIS Server 9.2 Table of Contents (TOC) Control Performance Patch. We recommend that all who use ArcGIS Server for the Microsoft .Net Framework, ArcGIS Server Web ADF Runtime for the Microsoft .Net Framework or ArcIMS Web ADF for the Microsoft .NET Framework, download and install this Patch at their earliest convenience to ensure the highest quality experience when working with ArcGIS 9.2. It deals specifically with the issue listed below under Issues Addressed with this Patch.
NIM008691 - The Web ADF generates a callback response that updates the same TOC node multiple times.
Changing the Map scale in web applications which include a Table Of Contents (TOC) control will result in a reduction in performance compared to applications which do not include a TOC control. This problem will be magnified when using complex map services which have properties such as a significant number of layers, group layers and layers with visible scale ranges applied to them. Internally, this fix will remove unnecessary callback results which were occurring when changing scale in the Map.
ArcGIS 9.2 Service Pack 2 must be installed before you can install this Patch.
- Make sure you have write access to your ArcGIS installation location, and that no one is using ArcGIS Server.
- Download the appropriate file to a location other than the installation folder:
ArcGIS Server for the Microsoft .Net Framework ArcGISServerDotNet92sp2TOCPatch.msp 11 MB ArcGIS Server Web ADF Runtime for the Microsoft .Net Framework ArcGISServerWebADFRuntime92sp2TOCPatch.msp 8 MB ArcIMS Web ADF for the Microsoft .NET Framework ArcIMSADFDNet92sp2TOCPatch.msp 11 MB
- Double-click the msp file to start the install process.
NOTE: If double clicking on the MSP file does not start the Service Pack installation, you can start the Service Pack installation manually by using the following command:
msiexec.exe /p [location of service pack]\<Product>.msp
- When Setup starts, follow the instructions on your screen.
Check Online Support Center periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this Patch will be posted here.
- UPDATE 08/01/2007 - This Patch is now obsolete. It has been superceded by ArcGIS 9.2 Service Pack 3.
- UPDATE 06/07/2007 - If you installed this Patch prior to May 23, please uninstall the product and re-install this latest version of the Patch. The previous installation files were not updating the Patched files correctly, thus causing an error message when trying to load certain assembly files. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.
To check for the presence of a Patch, for each file examine the File version information (right click, properties, version tab). With only a few exceptions, all files modified as part of a Patch distribution can be uniquely identified in this manner. The File version for this Patch should read:
Domestic sites, please contact ESRI Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing this Patch. International sites, please contact your local ESRI software distributor.