After ArcGIS License Manager installation, trying to launch the ArcGIS License Manager returns the following error:
"Unable to launch LSAdmin.exe."
This may be caused by the following error:
- Incomplete installation of ArcGIS License Manager.
- The installation of a new ArcGIS License Manager immediately after the uninstallation of an older version, results in an unclean uninstallation of the application.
Solution or Workaround
Use one of the following suggestions to solve the error:
- Perform a clean uninstallation of the previous installation of ArcGIS License Manager. For more information, refer to the following Knowledge Base article, Error 1325. EsriPyFldr is not a valid short file name.
- Run the repair on ArcGIS License Manager. For more information, refer to the following Knowledge Base article, Problem: Unable to import arcpy, in the Solution section, Step 4.
- Uninstall ArcGIS License Manager, restart the machine, and rerun the installation properly. For more information, refer to the following web help document, ArcGIS for Desktop Help: Installing ArcGIS for Desktop on your computer.