ArcGIS Pro is unable to launch after installation. In some cases, when signing in to ArcGIS Online on ArcGIS Pro, the following error message is returned:
This issue occurs because the computer clock is not synchronized with the correct time zone and Internet time. The system clock must be within one hour of the ArcGIS Online server clock.
Solution or Workaround
Set the computer clock to the correct time zone and date, and update the Internet time to synchronize the computer clock with an Internet time server. Follow the steps below:
- Go to Start > Control Panel > Date and Time.
It may be necessary to change the view of the settings by clicking the View by drop-down arrow to Large icons or Small icons to see the Date and Time button.
- Click the Change time zone button.
- Select the correct time zone from the Time zone drop-down list.
The time and date on the machine must be the same as the time zone listed. Certain time zones may require users to check the Automatically adjust clock for Daylight Saving Time option.
For information on how to set the date and time on Mac OS, refer to the following Web page: Set the date and time on your Mac
- Click OK.
- Click the Internet Time tab > Change settings.
- Check the Synchronize with an Internet time server check box.
- Click the Server drop-down button and select time.window.com.
- Click Update now > OK.
- Launch ArcGIS Pro.
If the error persists, reconfigure the ArcGIS Pro license:
- Log in to www.arcgis.com with administrator credentials.
- Click Organization at the top of the site > Manage Licenses.
- Search and click the user name.
- On the right panel, under Selected Members, click Configure.
- Revoke all the licenses by clicking the REVOKE ALL button.
- Reassign the licenses by following Step 3 and 4.
- Select the ArcGIS Pro license type by clicking either the Basic, Standard, or Advance option button.
- Select the appropriate extensions under Extensions.
- Click the ASSIGN button.