This guide can be used to upload photos to missions in Site Scan from a computer. This is an alternative method to uploading from the Site Scan Flight app, and it is the only method of uploading photos to Site Scan if you flew using a different drone flight planning app.
If you flew with the Flight app and want to upload images to Site Scan Manager from the iPad directly, refer to How To: Transfer drone images to an iPad and manage them in Site Scan for ArcGIS.
If you flew a mission with the Site Scan Flight app
- In Site Scan Manager, tap Projects and browse to the project that the mission was flown in.
- View the missions in the project. If the newest mission is not listed, open the Site Scan Flight app, connect to Wi-Fi, and sync. After a few seconds, the mission should appear in Site Scan Manager. The mission will not contain any photos yet.
- Under the mission options, click Upload Photos, as shown in the next image.
- In the Mission Photos Upload window, drag and drop the photos to upload. Alternatively, browse for individual photos using the Upload Photos option, or upload all photos in a folder by using the Upload Folder option, as shown in the next image.
- While photos are uploading, you can optionally choose to Automatically process mission when upload completes by clicking the checkbox at the bottom. This processes the mission using project output defaults.
- Optionally, once upload is complete, you can verify the photo thumbnails by clicking View Mission Photos. From this menu, you can also delete individual photos.
- Open the mission. In the left sidebar, toggle the Photos layer to view the photo locations on the map.
- If you did not previously choose the Automatic processing option, click the Process button in the lower left corner of the mission map view.
- In the Confirm Processing window, adjust the settings as desired and click Process.
If you flew with a different flight planning app
If you collected drone imagery but did not use the Flight app, you can upload to Site Scan Manager by manually creating a new mission.
- In Site Scan Manager, tap Projects and browse to the project that you want to create a new mission in.
- In the upper right corner, click New Mission.
- Enter the Mission Name, Mission Type, and Date Flown. Click Next.
- Follow steps four through nine above to upload photos and begin processing.