The Business Locator report is designed to return a maximum of 250 records of businesses within the proximity of the study area location. While it is not possible to increase the maximum records in the Business Locator report, a possible workaround is to use the Business and Facilities Search option to query businesses, and export up to 5000 records to a Microsoft Excel report. To do so, follow the steps below.
- Launch ArcGIS Business Analyst, and open a project.
- Specify a study area location.
- Click the Maps tab, and click Define Areas > Find Location.
- In the Find Location pane, specify an address or lat/long coordinates. Refer to the instructions provided in the Find Location section in ArcGIS Business Analyst: Find Location.
- Click Create site in the pop-up on the map.
- Search for the businesses, and export the queried results.
- Click the Maps tab, and click Create Maps > Business and Facilities Search.
- In the Business and Facilities Search pane, under Choose a category or enter a business name, click More options.
- Under Search type, select Show all businesses (up to 5000).
- Under Search extent, select Current map extent.
- Click Go.
- In the Refine your results section, specify desired filtering options to refine the results. Refer to ArcGIS Business Analyst: Refine results for more information.
- Click Export to Excel.
Exporting results to Microsoft Excel requires credit usage. Refer to ArcGIS Business Analyst: Credits for more information.