Problem: ArcMap will not display the Attribute Table dialog box for a layer
Right-clicking a layer in ArcMap's Table of Contents and selecting Open Attribute Table does not display the Attribute Table dialog box.
The Attribute Table dialog box was likely moved off the visible screen area by an unknown process.
The following procedure will move the Attribute Table window to the center of the monitor display.
Warning: Modify the Registry at your own risk! ESRI is not responsible for any problems that may arise from editing registry values and settings.
- Close ArcMap if it is open.
- Navigate to Start > Run, type 'regedit' and then click OK. Alternatively, double-click the regedit.exe file located in the C:\Windows folder.
- In the Registry Editor, expand the following folder:
ArcMap 9.3.1 and earlier:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > ESRI > ArcMap > TableWindow
HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > ESRI > Desktop 10.0 > ArcMap > TableWindow
- Double-click the WindowPos registry key; this will be displayed in the right (details) pane of the Registry Editor.
- Enter the following for the Value Data and then click OK:
- Close the Registry Editor window.
- Open ArcMap and then open the Attribute Table window. It should appear at the center of the screen.
Article ID: 000007907
Software: ArcGIS - ArcEditor 10, 9.1, 9.2, 9.3, 9.3.1 ArcGIS - ArcInfo 10, 9.2, 9.3, 9.3.1 ArcGIS - ArcView 10, 9.2, 9.3, 9.3.1